VAT REGISTRATION IN BAHRAIN
VAT (Value Added Tax) registration in Bahrain is the process through which a taxable entity in Bahrain is required to get registered for VAT in Bahrain. Upon registration, a dedicated VAT account number will be assigned to the entity.
An entity has to apply for VAT in Bahrain registration once the Turnover is as given below and has exceeded the threshold as specified.
- Any taxable persons in Bahrain with a turnover exceeding or expected to exceed BHD 5 Million annually should register for VAT by December 20th, 2018.
- Any taxable persons with a turnover exceeding or expected to exceed BHD 500,000 and BHD 5,000,000 should register for VAT by June 20th, 2019.
- Any taxable persons with a turnover exceeding or expected to exceed BHD 37,500 and BHD 500,000 should register for VAT by December 20th, 2019
- Any taxable persons over BHD 18,750 in annual supplies are eligible for voluntary registration.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR VAT IN BAHRAIN?
VAT Registration Service in Bahrain is an online process and is accessible in the NBR site online portal. To proceed with VAT Registration in Bahrain please click https://www.nbr.gov.bh/
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS THAT IS REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR VAT IN BAHRAIN?
The documents that are required to register for VAT in Bahrain is as follows:
- Copy of Commercial Registration Certificate
- Independent Auditors Report
- Audited Financial Statement
- Expense Budget Report
- Proof of relationship between HQ and Subsidiary
- Customs Registration Certificate
- Copy of Association/Partnership agreement
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of Personal Identification of The Designated Person
It should be ensured that all the figures submitted to NBR shall be accompanied with the proper supporting.
Suave Besto Auditors is the TAX Experts in Bahrain providing VAT Registration Service, VAT Consultancy Service, VAT Advisory Service and VAT Implementation Services in the Bahrain. For more information and for VAT registration services purpose, please contact our below representatives.